Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 11: A Real Rosary

Last night, I was finishing up the work day when Marnee walked in to the rehab department. She walked up beside me and handed me a small white envelope.

It was stuffed.


On the outside back of the envelope she had hand written a beautiful saying by Kahlil Gibran, one of my favorite poets.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much what life brings to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens."

Inside this beautiful woman has written a card to me.



Dear Tre,
You are a beautiful young lady.
A gift from God
to so many of us
who need you.
Your smile
warms everyone's heart
and your expressions of confidence
and words of encouragement
are a blessing to this world - -

Thank you, thank you -
May God bless you
with peace of heart
and mind
and love of all -

Your grateful patient,

Inside was a beautiful olivewood rosary made in Jerusalem.


I used the rosary this morning for the Sorrowful Mysteries.

It is the perfect weight under my fingers. It is the perfect shape.

I may be the therapist and Marnee the patient, but she is the teacher, and I the lucky recipient of her spiritual wisdom and faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment