Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 28: Thanksgiving

I have reached the halfway point in the 54 day novena. No longer will I pray the petition prayer; now, I turn toward Thanksgiving.


For anyone who may be saying this novena, below is a link to the novena and the Thanksgiving Prayer as well.

Hail, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, my Mother Mary,
hail! At thy feet I gratefully kneel to offer thee a Crown of
Roses snow white buds to remind thee of thy joys each bud
recalling to thee a holy mystery; each ten bound together
with my petition for a particular grace. O Holy Queen,
Dispenser of God's graces. and Mother of all who invoke
thee! thou canst not look upon my gift and fail to see its
binding. As thou receivest my gift, so wilt thou receive my
thanksgiving; from thy bounty thou hast given me the favor
I so earnestly and trustingly sought. I despaired not of what
I asked of thee, and thou hast truly shown thyself my
Mother.

I felt slightly guilty about "loading up" on the petition; one of the petitions was answered about two weeks ago. In a wonderful way....

The honest and intellectual question I have is this: can I have enough trust to still be thankful even if all the petitions are not answered the way I hope they should be?

 I know in my heart that if they are not,
there is still a Divine Plan
to the whole answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment