Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 26: Quieting the Mind


The rosary/novena has become part of my morning ritual.

Prayer is like exercise, study or any other task which we decide is or is not important in our daily routine.

Amazing what happens when we make something a priority.

While I am in what I consider frequent dialogue with God throughout every day, in quiet moments at home or fleeting moments at work, I realize that the rosary is a different kind of prayer. It is a type of meditation in which I am able to quiet my mind.

When all the chatter dies down, it is simply me, Mary, and Jesus. The Mother and The Son. Moments of clarity arise. I am led to deeper understanding.

There is value in quieting the mind. As TERESA OF AVILA said in The Interior Castle:

When I think of myself
my mind cannot soar to higher things
but is like a bird with broken wings.

When we are freed from the limitations of ourselves, we can soar into Higher Realms.



No comments:

Post a Comment